New word in my vocabulary. Zentangles. Have no idea when this word was invented, but I seem to have been doing something similar since my teen years. Not quite like the three images below as these have a repeating pattern. Continue reading
Lots of reasons to celebrate!
- A dozen cat tessellations, created between 1988—2018.
- Post #150 on my tessellation blog.
- A new year, 2018, year of the dog. Let’s entertain them. What better way to entertain a dog, than dangle a cat in front of it. Just kidding.
- 10,000 hits on this site, just a few weeks ago.
- My first tessellation ever, was drawn by hand 30 years past, January 1988.
This tessellation is built using the Pgg symmetry group. A grid of two different perpendicular glide lines with two different two-way (180*) rotation points in the middle of each rectangle. Sounds like a lot to take into account, when planning the drawing, but it’s not that difficult. Continue reading
Sometimes I don’t know where these images come from. Simply follow the flow of ideas and see what happens. Who knows, might have been a Harry Potter movie scene. Continue reading