Always had tan dogs. Retriever-Labrador-Samoyed mixes. Now this is new to me. One Husky-Black Lab mix and one German Shepherd. Took me a while to get used to drawing black things.
New word in my vocabulary. Zentangles. Have no idea when this word was invented, but I seem to have been doing something similar since my teen years. Not quite like the three images below as these have a repeating pattern. Continue reading
I was approached by a student a few months ago — he was writing his dissertation and needed examples to illustrate the seventeen symmetry groups: Continue reading
This Mountain Biker #tessellation drawing was done before Windows 3.1, before the Mac, before iPads! But after the dinosaurs. 1997. It was the inspiration to do a complete periodic drawing covering the plane, rather than a line group as shown below. Sometimes these drawings take time. Tessellation ideas are a dime a dozen — completed artwork is more rare. Continue reading
Lots of reasons to celebrate!
- A dozen cat tessellations, created between 1988—2018.
- Post #150 on my tessellation blog.
- A new year, 2018, year of the dog. Let’s entertain them. What better way to entertain a dog, than dangle a cat in front of it. Just kidding.
- 10,000 hits on this site, just a few weeks ago.
- My first tessellation ever, was drawn by hand 30 years past, January 1988.
Hey, nice fish. Do you catch and release? Bit of exageration going on in the drawing as well as in reel life. All bent over and stretched out, imitating the size of his catch, same as stretching reality. Elvis hairdoo. All in good fun. Would be cool to have a long sleeve t-shirt with a measuring tape printed from hand to outstretched hand! Continue reading